A new competition!
June 15th, 2014
I’ve been talking about a new competition for a few weeks now, and here it is at last! You can enter by either
1. Making a video trailer for any one of my children’s novels.
2. Making a storyboard for a trailer for any one of my children’s novels.
1. You can enter both parts of the competition (trailer or storyboard), but can only win one of them. So if you win one, you will be automatically disqualified from the other. You can only enter ONE trailer, and/or ONE storyboard.
2. Adults can enter, but must state that they are adults (over 18 years old). Anyone younger than 18 must state their age. Depending on how many people enter, I will probably divide entries into age groups, to make it fairer. So there will be more than one first prize.
3. The competition starts now, and ends at midnight on Thursday July 31st.
4. Email your entry to me at the following address: lian at liantanner dot com (As all my readers are exceptionally intelligent, I’m sure you can work out my email address from that) along with the name of the book you’ve done the trailer/storyboard for. And your age. And your first name.
And that’s it! You’ve entered the competition! I’ll put the entries up on my blog as they arrive, so you can see what other people are doing.
Some questions and answers:
Q:What’s the prize?
A: Harry suggested I offer his pawprint to the lucky winner – he is out in the kitchen practising with the ink. However, if that is not enough for you, you can choose from either a copy of Ice Breaker (if you haven’t got one yet) or an advance copy of The Hidden Book 2: Sunker’s Deep. If you choose Sunker, you’ll have to wait for a bit, because the advance copies don’t come out till early October. But at least you will get it several weeks ahead of the rest of the world.
Q: Is that the only prize?
A: No, the runners-up get an Ice Breaker poster.
Q: Can people who don’t live in Australia or New Zealand enter?
A: They can indeed! This is an international competition, which is why I said ‘a trailer for any one of my novels’ rather than just ‘a trailer for Ice Breaker‘ (because Ice Breaker hasn’t yet come out in the rest of the world).
Q: What’s a storyboard?
A: Google it and find out. 🙂
Now get to work. Harry is very excited, and can’t wait to see some entries.
Any more questions, just ask. If I can’t answer them, Harry will.
P.S. Tell your friends. Let’s see how many entries we can get.